Monday 18 August 2014

Small Steps

So here I am, nearly seven months on from my last post, and I cannot decide whether time has moved fast or slow. In one sense, I am exactly where I was in the wake of this strange year, yet in a literal sense, I am somewhere far away - and somewhere I never would have thought I'd be.

A good friend of mine passed on some very pertinent advice to me recently. I have always been one to find the deepest of meanings within the simplest of phrases, but the relevance of these words to the situation in which I have found myself gave me a little more comfort than usual.


"Some days life is all about your dreams, hopes and visions for the future. But there are some days where life is just about putting one foot in front of the other. And that's ok."


Right now, I am putting one foot in front of the other. It has been difficult to shift my scale of progression from one so broad to one as small as a single step, and even more difficult to reassure myself that I am moving forward at all, but each day, each week, each month I can see the start line come a little further into view. 


Most importantly, I am still trying. My dreams, hopes and visions are still there in my mind, though at times they have been masked behind a smokey wall of despondence, and I have no doubt that they will soon be clear and within my reach again. 


Cassie

0 comments:

Post a Comment